Disaster Recovery Kit
Be prepared for a water emergency before it happens. Placing a Recovery Kit in strategic locations throughout your facility can make all the difference in your ability to come to the immediate aid of water-damaged books, files and other valuable materials. Created by a librarian and preservation specialist.
See FEATURES tab for full list of items included in each kit.
- Each kit includes:
- • To keep recovery team clean and dry: 8 disposable aprons; 8 pr. Disposable vinyl gloves; 2 pr. Slip-on boots with skid-resistant soles; 2 NIOSH/MSHA approved dust masks.
- • To contain water damage quickly: 200 paper towels; 2 large cellulose sponges; cotton deck mop and handle (wood handle breaks down to 3 pieces); mop bucket with mop strainer; 2 X-large heavy-duty trash bags; 25' “Caution” tape.
- • To deflect water: 2 poly sheets, 3' x 10'; 2 poly sheets, 3' x 15'; roll of all-purpose heavy duty tape and dispenser.
- • Personal safety if there’s no power: flashlight with 2 D-cell batteries.
- • Recovery box (polypropylene corrugated box); 9" x 12"poly bags to wrap 500 average-size books; 3 nylon cable ties.
- • To Prepare written damage survey: Clipboard and pad of 8 x 11" lined paper; 2 sharpened pencils; 1 china marker; pkg. of 100 – 3 x 5" cards .